Apr
04

Do you think mermaids are real?

Filed Under (Questions) by Clara on 04-04-2011

I don’t think google could answer that.

I think they are real, half-human, half-fish because maybe we don’t see them because they stay down on the ocean floor and go down there and do stuff. So humans won’t see them. That’s my opinion. What is yours?

9 Comments Already, Leave Yours Too

Aunt Holy on 2 May, 2011 at 5:59 pm #

Absolutely, they are real. Just becasue we can’t see something doesn’t make it unreal. We just have to have a little faith in the possibility of it. Then we can create the technology necessary to find it.

Sandy on 2 May, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Yes, I do. I think they live in the very bottom of the ocean and lay in their beds made out of giant shells (they only grow on the bottom of the ocean) and wonder if little girls are really real!

Natalie Wyatt on 2 May, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

I think that mermaids are not real. People used to think that Manatees were mermaids. I think the Manatee has a cat face and acts like a human when it swims around and picks things up. Manatees are sea cows and eats seaweed. I like to read stories about Fairy tale mermaids, especially if they have other ocean animals in them. I am in 2nd grade and I live in Mansfield, Texas.

Sarah Tutt on 2 May, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

Yes, I think they are real, but I suspect it is a state of mind more than what an oceanographer could prove.

They are probably real like Santa Claus is real and the best reference I can give you is something written many years ago with the title “Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus”.

Samantha Kelley on 2 May, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

No. They’re fake.

Carol on 2 May, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

I know they are real, I have seen them in person at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park in Florida

Sarah Tutt on 2 May, 2011 at 9:20 pm #

Mermaids are real – part 2.
At the funeral of a young friend of mine, the minister told us that “Julie was a mermaid”. The minister gave us several examples of how her behavior was like a mermaid. This helped everyone who was there to remember the way Julie approached life and gave us a happy term to remember her by.

Mrs. Stading on 2 May, 2011 at 11:01 pm #

I think the old sailors (like Ancient Greece old) were so tired of being at sea, they would stare into the ocean and dream of beautiful women. They didn’t care if it was really a dolphin, they just wanted to see someone beautiful.

Be careful, though! There were the Sirens who were beautiful and sang beautiful songs that lured sailors their doom. So there’s a theme…not everything that is beautiful is REALLY beautiful.

Heather on 9 September, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

I agree with your mom again! That is so scary that we think alike!

Post a Comment
Name:
Email:
Website:
Comments: